Tuesday, September 7, 2010

For real this time.

I stand (figuratively) before you with an announcement. As of this morning, I have accepted an awesome job as Student Ministries Designer at Kensington Community Church in Troy, MI. And I'm pretty excited about it! I have been praying, along with much of my family, that something perfect would come along, and here it is! God has really come through! I don't know when I start yet, but it will be amazing. I have my own cubicle! I'll also be either sharing an apartment with someone else from the church or getting one of my own- but it is a for real career! If you want more details, let me know!

In other news, I've been busy Nannying for my brother/sister in law in Grand Rapids. They've been trying to get a Home Daycare ( http://www.sweetpeadaycare.org/ ) set up for some time now, and it is finally coming together.

I've also recently picked up Sailing a little bit. At the end of last summer (2009), I was given a small sidewinder sailboat from a friend at camp. It needed a little cleaning up, but it is a great little boat. So my dad and I have been working together on it in our spare time, and just this Labor Day we took it out- for our 3rd time on the little lake. The wind was stronger than our first 2 encounters, and at first we were doing well, really moving across the lake, then disaster struck and we tipped over. Everything was fine, we got it righted eventually, but it was certainly an experience! I'll post pictures soon. So much has happened, I'll do what I can to be better about regular updates! More to come soon!

1 comment:

Kris Locker said...

congrats on the job...that's AMAZING!