Sunday, September 26, 2010

So here was today for me: Slept in too late, went to the NOON service at Kensington Troy- it still amazes me that there is a noon service! Got myself a toffee coffee frappe and went into the service, actually sat with my supervisor/boss, Karl. Great service- the series is called "Things they never told you about ____" This week was "God", revealing common myths about God, it was really a great service. Lots to learn. Then Karl took me around Detroit, he told me I was going to have a "real cultural lunch experience", and he was right. Sort of.

We went to 2 coney island places, in order to decide which was best. The first was American Coney Island, the second (next door) was Lafayette Coney Island. Both were very good! I was impressed, however, Lafayette did have a heartier chili and I would say it was the better dog. But both places were famous to some extent- apparently the new Detroit cop show (Detroit 1-8-7) was filmed (partially) in American Coney Island- I was impressed! The other place, Lafayette, had been visited by Man Vs. Food! There was a picture of the guy and everything! (the second had also been visited by various political dignitaries who interest me far less, haha).

So then we were on to the Detroit Institute of Art. I love art museums and had been to this one before, but it was great going with Karl, who it turns out actually took classes through Wayne State at the Institute itself. He is quite the art historian. But we spent some time there before moving on and driving around Detroit a little, he was attempting to help me understand the area (which didn't work).

So then back to Troy, where I went to Kroger and got some dinner stuff- Italian hard-crusted bread, marbled cheddar cheese and some red grapes- it was a feast! Anyway, I felt very artistic. So to end the night I watched Sherlock Holmes, which has become one of my recent favorites. Next is some reading then to bed. But that isn't even why I was going to make a post.

I am really looking forward to having a place of my own. So that I can do things like have an art area set up- my easel, some paints and a drop cloth. Having a big comfy chair to sit in and read... I'm excited for it. Also singing loudly. Anyway, I am looking forward to that. This is all that my post was really meant to be. Goodnight!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun and interesting day. But how could you eat 2 coney dogs?? You will have a place of your own soon. Later. Your mom

Kris Locker said...

You had a frappe? I thought you hated coffee? Who are you?

Glad things are going well.