Saturday, September 25, 2010

New job, new life

I am in Troy now, living with a couple whose kids have all left the house and who very charitably offered their home to me. I'm going to live here for a short time while I find an apartment and possibly a roommate. I'm liking the job, there is something amazingly satisfying about doing the thing I went to college for! And the people I work with are great as well. I "moved in" on Monday night, and have been here for just about a week.


Troy and the surrounding area seems very nice! I'm liking it here, but (as expected) it is tough starting over in a new place. It always is- for sure! I'm excited for the day that I have a group of friends here with whom I can do stuff. That day will come soon enough!

Here are a couple pictures of my cubicle on the 3rd floor at Kensington Community Church:


The "Fall Fest" poster design there is my first design series- it was originally a folding mailer, but was easily changed into a 11x17 for around the church. I had someone tell me that the stuff I design (which goes out to all 6? of Kensington's campuses-5 of them mobile) will be seen by roughly 5000 kids per week. Isn't that ridiculous?! Awesome though.

So, my office/cubicle needs some decoration, I'm working on that. But I'm pretty excited about it all.

Also, on my second day of work, I got rear-ended by a van, while at a stop waiting for traffic, roughly 50 feet from my destination. This was the damage:

Sad day, huh? Truthfully, it isn't a huge deal. Could have been a lot worse.

In other news- with the new job coming, I decided to get an eye appointment and some new glasses- a LONG time overdue! I also got some new clothes, which make me feel very artsy. Observe:







Pretty excited for things to come.
God has been so good.

3 comments:

WoodsMommy said...

Gotta say, I didn't know you had a blog. Interesting. And here there are pics of my daughter on here and everything! (Which, might I add, are adorable!) Let's see, where to even go next in my comment. 1. Nice cube. Need some pics of your awesome niece and nephew. 2. I like the new glasses - very artsy! 3. I think it's funny that the damage (which by the way is more than I thought) is no big deal - and not your vehicle. 4. You are sure whooping it up already with this not-yet-received paycheck - new glasses AND clothes? You are living the high life. I think that is all for my obnoxious comments for now. But stay tuned. Glad you are liking it (the job, that is).

The Other Wook said...

Thanks for the wonderful comments, Mom.

WoodsMommy said...

Can't believe you thought I was your mom. Sheesh.